7-29-17 Replacements

Have you ever noticed how quickly people are replaced after they die? At work, they replace you before you are even placed in the ground. That should be a lesson for those who value work above everything else. When Gismo died I took Shirley to the shelter the very next day and we got Buddy. Gismo could never be replaced but his passing left a void that I needed to fill for me. I went on to grieve Gismo's death but I had Buddy there to love and it made life tolerable. People are harder to replace. I haven't been able to do it yet. I've tried but it just doesn't work. We file their memories away in own minds and hearts and we remember maybe when a certain song is played or on a special day or holiday. Sometimes late at night when we can't sleep we can hear their voices and see their faces and smiles and we remember. I hope that I will always remember. I hope that others will always remember me. I promise that I won't try and replace you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2

9-16-23 It Is Coming