7-23-17 O Ye of Little Faith

I grew up in a Southern Baptist church. Mom would drag me there every time they unlocked the doors. I learned at an early age that God was a mean, angry Father that was going to roast you in Hell if you didn't do things his way. I always wondered why anyone in their right mind would worship and love such a person.  I found the Catholic church and God was a nicer person there. He was apparently was OCD like me because things had to be done in a certain precise manner for him to be pleased. They loved sinners and encouraged it the more and bigger sin the better. All you had to do was confess it to a priest and say that you are sorry and it magically went away. I loved the system so much I entered into it and became a priest myself. I thought that I had been a bad boy but I was in for a surprise.You wouldn't believe the sick and disgusting things that human being do and do to each other. Nowadays I don't subscribe to either faith I just talk to God like I talk to anyone else.  He already knows how I feel and what I think so why not just go ahead and say it.I know that I have been a source of disappointments and heartache for him and for that I am sorry but he was the one that gave me free will so what can you expect. I do pray and ask for forgiveness and guidance. I hope that he sees the humor in it all and is, in fact, the merciful God that everyone makes him out to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 It's Coming

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2