7-20-17 Brotherly Love

I sometimes mention my brother in my posts. One might think that I don't like him but that's not true. I love my brother. We might be nine years apart but we both grew up the same hell of a household together. Growing up I looked up to my brother. He was always busy doing something.he would bring home the nicest girlfriends. Well, a least they were nice to me especially the ones with red hair. Maybe he had a thing for girls with red hair too anyway I enjoyed having them around. He would buy the coolest cars. He had a red Ford Mustang that I loved and later bought a GTO judge that I would drive sometimes. He got married the first time at a young age. She was a real nut job. You could just look at her and see that her elevator didn't go all the way to the top. Dad refused to go to the wedding I guess he was smarter than I gave him credit for. I think David and her fought a lot neither looked very happy together. Viet Nam would happen and he was drafted into the army. We went down to Fort Bragg after his basic was completed to say goodbye.It was a long four years of wondering how he was going to return back home. Would he be alive or in a body bag? It was hell for mom and I felt sorry for her.Parents shouldn't have to go through such things. Dad didn't say anything he had walked that road before so I guess he understood and coped along in this own thoughts. I was busy living my own drama of hell after being raped. He survived Viet Nam and came back home. His Psycho wife had left him and filed for divorce while he was in Nam what a bitch and had hooked up with another Psycho where she worked. Good riddance.  David had met another soldier who had a younger sister and they had been writing each other. They would end up being married. Deborah was the best thing that could have happened to my brother. She was a good and stable influence on his life just like Shirley would be in my life. They lived near Valdese for awhile and Davie and Bruce were born. One day we went to see them and they were gone. They had left and gone back to KY where Deborah was from. Mom went ballistic and Dad said nothing. I didn't understand then but I do now. That was the best thing for them that they could have done. if they had stayed here their life would have been miserable. First chance I had I got the hell out too. I did miss them and the boys but I understand and it's ok. I would take mom out to visit them at times and I would just show up sometimes in a drunken state but they didn't really know what was going on with me no one did. Anyway, I love you brother. I always have and always will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-17-23 Now It Is Obvious Why

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-16-23 It Is Coming