7-18-17 Bad Choices

I was 22 years old and working for the State of North Carolina at a mental health institution. I was still an active alcoholic at the time but there were bigger issues that I didn't understand at the time.  I meet a young lady Valerie. She was about the same age as I and we hung together a lot. She was in an abusive relationship with her boyfriend. I liked Valerie she had blond hair and blue eyes that would melt your heart.We never had a sexual relationship although given time I think if things had been different we could have been a couple. You can't put two broken people together and expect anything positive to come from it. The point of my thought is I would have done anything in my power to make us a couple and I did try in my own misguided way. I took Valerie to a house on top on Mineral Springs Mountian that was for sale. It was a beautiful house. It had a swimming pool in the back and overlooked the towns below. It was a dream house. I offered to give to Valerie if she would dump her boyfriend and move in with me. I signed a contract to buy the home and wrote a twenty thousand dollar check for escrow. There were only two little problems. Valerie didn't want to leave her abuse and I didn't have the money to cover the check. Mom was furious when she found out what I had done. But being the good mom that she was she took care of things and the problem went away. Well, one of the problems went away but the larger one still exists. I understand today what the problem was then and how it keeps repeating itself over and over. It's the proper solution that's been elusive. I hope I find it before it's too late.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2

9-16-23 It Is Coming