7-23-17 Real Life or Fiction

I watch the Young and the Restless every day on the television. Most of the time I can't relate to the problems of the rich and powerful Newman's and Abbot families. Right now they have a character and storyline that for me is kinda like looking in a mirror. Denna is the long lost wayward mother of Jack and Ashley Abbot who abanded them and their father when they were just young children.She has returned as an old woman looking for forgiveness, redemption, acceptance to reunite and bond with the children that she never knew. She most likely is in the early to moderate stages of dementia and she is seeking to reclaim as many good memories of the past as she can. She doesn't want to be remembered by her children as the cold and uncaring bitch that she was in her younger days. Jack still needs his mother. All of this failed relationships with females have subconsciously been a search for the mother he never had as a child. Ashley doesn't really need a mother now but she is drawn back to memories as a child when she needed and missed her mom so badly.Both of them still harbor anger and resentment towards their mother as in comes out in sarcastic and cutting remarks meant to inflict pain. Denna is truly remorseful of her past and just wants to make peace with it and enjoy what little time she has left with the only family that she has.
I was lucky in a sense that I had both of my biological parents. They were good caretakers to me. I complain about not receiving love or emotional support from them but I don't think it was their fault. I think they lacked the skills necessary themselves to offer it. I think they grew up in the same kind of household that was devoid of love and kindness and emotional comfort and support. So can I really blame them for not giving something they didn't have? I didn't want to follow in their footsteps and become like them and yet here I am Just like my parents. I really want to break the cycle and have it end here and now. I want to be able to love and share my love with my family with what time I have left.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2

9-16-23 It Is Coming