7-23-17 To Look or Not to Look

I'm tired today. I don't really know why. It's not like I've done a lot this weekend. Shirley complains a lot about how the house looks. My solution is quite simple just don't look at it. That's the way I've viewed a lot of things in life. If I don't like what I see I just ignore it and hope that it will just go away or at least stay hidden so I don't have to look at it. That really hasn't worked out very well for me because things just keep adding up. Someone always sees it and makes a point to make its presence known to me. I usually just acknowledge their observation and let pass and return to Mr. Rogers neighborhood. Well kinda anyway I can't say it's back to a happy place at best a neutral place. Having OCD and being obsessive about the strangest things and totally oblivious about the larger more important things is a strange way to live. For example, we have a range with a glass cooking area. The glass cooking top needs to remain perfectly clean with no smudges or streaks on the glass at all times. At the same time, the floors can be covered in dog hair and that perfectly acceptable. My life can be going all to hell but at long as I don't have to look at it that's ok. But I had better do the laundry the correct way or face a sleepless night worrying about it. Total insanity at it's best. I'm not as bad as Sheldon Cooper on tv but I can hold my own with the best and craziest. So here's to all the obsessive people to are compelled to do strange and repetitive meaningless things. I hear you and feel your pain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-17-23 Now It Is Obvious Why

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-16-23 It Is Coming