7-26-17 God Grant Me the Serenity to Accept the Things I Cannot Change

It's with a heavy heart that I end this day. My friend is dying and there's nothing I can do but accept it. We spent a lot of time talking about everything. About 3 months ago in a conversation I said Marshall I don't think neither one of us will live to see next year he kinda looked at me and said you might be right. I don't know why I said that it was just a feeling I had. I will miss our conversations. He understood my black humor and would laugh at it. He really didn't need to be working and I told him many times to take his money and run and enjoy life while he could. I talked him into buying a bug out location in the mountains and he did take the family there on weekends and enjoyed it. I feel for his wife who is in poor health herself he was her solid rock just as I am to Shirley. He loved his son and grandson as he spoke of both frequently. He would go see his ailing elderly mother weekly at the rest home and loved and expressed concern for her.He was a good and decent man. We both expressed doubts about God but I believe if there is a heaven he deserves to be allowed to enter. Good-Bye my friend I hope someday we meet up again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2

9-16-23 It Is Coming