Spoken Words 7-18-17

Sometimes parents and their children say things to each other in anger or pain or they just don't consider how their words are going to impact the other person. There were times in my life when I said terrible things to my mom. I know that it hurt her even though she never said so. After she died I was angry with her and I said a lot of things that I would later regret and feel guilty about. In 1996 I was given a special opportunity to give of myself in a completely selfless way. I could do something good for someone and their family and friends. I could give them hope where there was no hope. I could help just because it was the right thing to do for another human being. I could be an instrument of God to help preform a miracle in someones life and show them God's love. I accepted the gift of sharing his love to another. God worked his miracle and gave the person another fourteen years of life to spent with his family and loved ones. I waited until it was all over before telling my mom what had occurred. Her reply to me was," Why on earth would you want to do such a thing?" I still remember those words today. She had taken the most precious thing that I had ever done in my life and reduced it to nothing. I didn't understand how anyone could be so calloused and cold hearted  as to even suggest that I would turn my back on another human being and let them die. I never mentioned the subject again. I try not to say anything hurtful to my daughter. I do my best to tell her my honest feelings but I would never say anything demeaning or negative about her life choices. A Father's job is to uphold his children and help them achieve their greatest potential in life. The words we choose and say do make a difference. It can be positive or negative. I hope my words to my daughter will always serve to lift her up and let her know that she is the most special person in my life and that I love her dearly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2

9-17-23 It's Coming