8-25-17 Why Worry?

Yesterday I was looking at the headlines on Drudge, Fox News, and some local news media. I don't even bother reading the news stories anymore. The headlines are insane enough I don't need to know the details.What concerns you in this life? Are you worried about our country and the madness going on? Maybe paying the bills, sending the children to college, or maybe just the grind of daily life concerns you. We have to live in this world but our Lord told us not to be of this world.What concerned Jesus during his earthly life? This earth is not my home. I've never felt at home here. I always longed to be at my eternal home and I always will until I'm called home.While here I will try and serve God and do his will in my life to the best of my abilities but my concern is no longer on earthly things. God will provide what my family needs just like he always has.We worry too much needlessly if it's not going to matter in heaven then it really doesn't matter here and now. Time is short. I'm not a date setter but if I had to guess I would imagine we probably have months to a couple of years left until the Father calls us home. How do you want to spend the rest of your earthly life? Look up and know that your redemption is near. Spend your days in love to yourself and to others. Don't let the worries of this world rob you of joy and happiness. Peace to all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2

9-16-23 It Is Coming