8-4-17 Careful What You Ask For

Like most things in life be careful what you wish or ask for. You might just get it. I wanted to have some new life and energy in our household. Now that we have a three month old puppy in the house we have plenty of endless energy and cuteness. Shirley is happy to have youngster to care for and play with. The other fur babies seem to be responding well to the new addition and while I resisted the idea of having another being to care for I am fond of the little guy. It's been a tiring week and I've got a busy next eight days coming up. I'll be glad when summer is gone and fall arrives. I function better during the fall. Winter brings the holidays and gloom. I've always looked for the perfect Norman Rockwell holidays and needless to say I haven't experienced one yet. I came close one year Shirley and I were in NH and we went to the Green Ridge Turkey Farm which was located on the Daniel Webster Highway in Nashua NH. It was a famous place where many presidents and other celebrities and just plain old country folk would go for the greatest turkey meal that I have ever eaten. It wasn't cheap if I remember right it like $26.00 per person back in the mid 80's. We were in Indianapolis one Thanksgiving and I decided to go grocery shopping before checking into the hotel it was something like a Residence Inn. So I got a 12 lb uncooked turkey to fix and we got to the hotel and the room had a stove but no oven.Needless to say the turkey went to a local charity and we had banquet frozen turkey with gravy in a bag that Thanksgiving. I think the best Thanksgiving that I ever had was when I was in high school and dating an old country girl who invited me to go with her family to Grandma's house over in Vale. The food was good and the family all got along and I was in love. Life just doesn't get any better than that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2

9-17-23 It's Coming