10-29-18 Just Do Your Part

Daily Devotion: Just Do Your Part - By Greg Laurie -
 
"For I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God."
-Acts 20:27
 
My mother was married and divorced seven times, so I practically had a full-time ministry sharing the gospel with her husbands. She was married to a man named Bill when she died, and one day I received word that Bill was very sick and wasn't expected to live much longer.
 
At the time I was on my way to the airport to preach somewhere, but then it occurred to me that Bill could die while I was away. The irony was that I was going to preach to people about Jesus, yet Bill needed Jesus very badly.
 
I turned around and drove over to Bill's house. And the moment I walked in, I realized that he literally was at death's door. I went over the gospel with him one more time and said, "Bill, would you like to pray and ask Jesus into your life?"
 
He had always been resistant to this, but this time he said yes. That day I left Bill's home thanking God. Then I caught my plane. The moment I landed, I got a text that said Bill had died.
 
When it comes to sharing the gospel, do we really realize that eternity is at stake? We don't know how long people will live. And we don't know how long we will live.
 
The apostle Paul, speaking to the elders of Ephesus, said, "Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men. For I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God" (Acts 20:26-27 NKJV). Paul was saying, "I've done my part."
 
Our job is proclamation. God's job, if you will, is conversion. Our job is sowing the seed. His job is reaping where it has been sown. Just do your part.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-17-23 Now It Is Obvious Why

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-16-23 It Is Coming