6-25-18 After the Rapture Part 25

After the Rapture #25 :: By Dick Ainsworth

Once Saved, Always Saved (OSAS)
In these end-times there are an increasing number of subjects that divide “Christianity” with opposing views. The results are thousands of denominations springing up all over the world with many claiming to be “the one true church of Jesus Christ.” Nearly all start by quoting or misquoting Bible scriptures. Since “God is not the author of confusion” (1 Corinthians 14:33), it is no wonder there is such confusion caused by mankind in their attempts to sell their own “private interpretation” (2 Peter 1:20) to their sheep.
The “Once Saved, Always Saved” (OSAS) argument seems to be near the top of the list with both sides offering Biblical proof on their positions. The following are two email responses I got from Misty stating her position. I had earlier stated in an email about people taking their salvation for granted, which led to these responses:
“Hello,
I have a question regarding your last article (#24) regarding “suicide” in the tribulation for those who find themselves left behind.
I know that, during part of the tribulation, people will not be able to take their own life because God won’t allow it. However, it sounds to me that you were saying that the people who become believers after the rapture but who, in despair, commit suicide instead of taking the mark of the beast would go to hell. Is that what you were saying?
I don’t see anywhere in the Bible where it says suicide is the unforgiveable sin; granted…you would enter Heaven minus any rewards, but you would still enter because you placed your faith on Jesus’ work on the cross as the payment for your sins.
We all continue to sin whether it’s self-murder, adultery, lust, etc….No one remembers all their sins to confess, and many believers die without confessing their sins for that day.
I am just trying to clarify.”
(Dick’s response): You made a very good point on people who refuse the mark and then commit suicide. Needless to say, I did a very poor job of researching and thinking out that particular example. So I apologize for being that far off base.
The following is Misty’s second email response:
“Dear Dick,
There is no place in heaven for ANY sinner. Just one little lie can keep you out. Being a murderer is going to take you to hell and so is stealing a candy bar. There is no person who remembers every sin they think or do in every second of every day. That would mean one unconfessed sin would send you to hell, which means if the believer who takes the Lord’s Name in vain and is then shot on the battlefield without asking forgiveness for that sin is going to hell. It becomes a work’s-based salvation. You are in a position where you are responsible to ask forgiveness for every sin at every time. It’s not possible. Jesus died on the cross for every sin, past/present/future.
When we accept Him as our Savior, we are sealed with the Holy Spirit until the day of either the rapture or death. The Holy Spirit can’t unseal Himself from the church-age believer, as He is the promised deposit. If we are not saved in full the moment we believe then we are not saved – we become saved when we confess, unsaved when we sin, saved again when we confess.
Murder is not even as bad as idol worship or homosexuality which are at least called abominations.
These are my thoughts. I used to think when I was first saved I had to obey to stay saved. I had to remember to confess each sin to stay saved. Now, after 40 years of being a believer and seeing how often and how far I have fallen, I know God is still with me, and I was still His child. I didn’t stop being His child for my sins. He accepted responsibility for my soul when I accepted His Son at the tender age of 10 when I barely knew what a sin was.
If God doesn’t save in full…He really didn’t do His job very well.
God Bless.
Misty”
(Dick’s response):  Very well said. I stand corrected.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-17-23 Now It Is Obvious Why

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-16-23 It Is Coming