9-27-18 The Famine is Here

The Famine is Here: The One of Truth from God’s Word :: By Geri Ungurean

“Behold, the days are coming,’ says the Lord God,
That I will send a famine on the land,
Not a famine of bread,
Nor a thirst for water,
But of hearing the words of the Lord” (Amos 8:11).
The Churchless
I receive emails from the readers of my articles in which many say that they have given up looking for a “sound” church, where the pastor preaches the WHOLE Word of God.
My husband and I are in the same predicament.  We have left many churches because we found that leadership adheres to and teaches “Replacement Theology.”
We have left churches because of outright Jew hatred when members of the congregation find that I am a Jew who believes in Jesus as Messiah.
We have left churches where leadership will NOT preach on Bible Prophecy. They completely avoid the book of Revelation and much of the book of Daniel. Their defense is often that they find Revelation to be “too complex and difficult, and that the congregation will not understand it.”
They are also afraid of losing members – thus losing money.
Or perhaps THEY do not understand it or find it to be not important, because in their minds, the church has inherited all of the promises. After all – God is finished with Israel, right?  WRONG.
An Email from a reader (I asked this person permission to use her email, and she happily granted me that.)
“Dearest Geri,
Thank you so much for your very excellent article on discernment!!
So hard to find in the churches today.  It is much appreciated!
I can imagine you must be so busy, but do you mind if I share our story with you? I’ll try to be brief!
Our family live in the small city of Hobart (pop. about 220,000) in Tasmania, Australia.
Ian and I are both preachers’ kids, and Ian and our son Ben are both lay preachers.
About 10 years ago we were invited to join a Brethren Assembly in a country town because they needed a preacher and a pianist, which roles Ian (preaching) and I (piano) filled; and 2 years ago our son began preaching.
Last year Ian began a series in Thessalonians, and Ben began the book of Revelation.
Both men give a powerful presentation, showing a deep love for the Lord and His Word, and an emphasis on the lateness of the hour and the nearness of the Lord’s return.
Several months ago on May 13th, as Ian was sharing the Biblical significance of May 14th to the Jews, an old elder called out:
“We’ve heard enough Ian. Sit down!”
Ian sat down, shaking.
Now, we appreciated that this was an elderly gent, possibly in the early stage of dementia.
What we didn’t appreciate was a visit later that week from the chairman of elders who declared his agreement with the old man.
On top of that, he added a list of criticisms: That Ian was causing disunity in the church, that he speaks too much about Bible prophecy, and that his sermons are too long (40 mins. approx.)
And several other criticisms, including resentment of books we’ve added to the library, and a Prophecy Newsletter that Ian puts together.
Long story short, we left the church. It was the culmination of 2 years of rumblings and grumblings from the elders, and any chance of reconciliation not possible.
So we’re homeless, longing for our heavenly home. We have wonderful godly friends who have rallied around – several asking us to join them for home group worship and communion.
And the Lord, as always, has comforted and taught us. We’re spending more time in the Word. Sometimes I wonder if these sufferings are to cause us to lean upon Him and deepen our walk.
So I write to you with a request.
What chance [is there of] an article for all of us people out here who literally cannot find a new church home unless we are willing to compromise our belief of what a godly church should be.
I feel cheeky asking you if you could do this, but I really feel burdened for the many people like us.
It would be such an encouragement if you have time and leading to it!
We thank God for you. We deeply appreciate your articles and so look forward to meeting you one day.”
I am so grateful for this sister in Christ that she wrote these words to me. I prayed long and hard to the Lord as to whether this was Him prompting me to write on this subject. And I believe to the core of my being that it was from Him.
ROMANS 11
I am asking the reader to indulge me in this next section. I always post Scriptures which support what I am saying in my articles. This time I am posting much of Romans 11, and I ask the reader to first pray to God that He will open your eyes to the Truth of His Word. But I also ask the reader to please read this part of Scripture slowly and perhaps out loud. I know that helps me in my study of His Word.
Israel’s Rejection Not Final
“I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!
“For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry, if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them. For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?
“For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches. And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree, do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you.
“You will say then, ‘Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.’ Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either.
“Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, who are natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?
“For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:
“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.’
“Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience, even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy. For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.
“Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!
“For who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has become His counselor?”
Or who has first given to Him
And it shall be repaid to him?’
“For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen” (Romans 11: 11-36).
The Slippery Slope of Replacement Theology
Most of the mainline denominations are now teaching Replacement Theology. As a Jew, it is so clear to me that this aberrant and satanic teaching is nothing short of Jew Hatred. This becomes more clear when you see churches such as the Presbyterian Church USA, the Methodist Church, the Lutheran church and Episcopalian – ALL are rabidly anti-Semitic and have morphed into Christian Palestinianism. They are all on board with BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions) against Israel.
What has caused this despicable hatred of Israel and Jews? I believe that it all begins with replacing the Holy Word of God with man’s opinions. When a group no longer regards Scripture as infallible, that group is setting itself up for a major fall. Their feet are no longer planted on the Rock – but they find themselves on shifting sand. This Scripture describes these people:
“That we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting” (Ephesians 4: 14).
What can the “Churchless” do?
First of all, we must remind ourselves that the “Church” is not four walls and seating. The “Church” is the body of Christ. WE are the church. When we are born again, the Holy Spirit of the Triune God comes and dwells within us. But there are Scriptures about the need to fellowship with other believes, and I do believe that this is important.
My husband and I have met the most amazing brothers and sisters in Christ online – on Facebook. We have even had some of these brethren in our home. We speak to them on the phone – frequently.
Now don’t get me wrong. I grieve that we cannot find a church home where the whole Word of God is preached, and where we can feel safe from anti-Semitism.
Our Sundays
On Sundays and on many other days, my husband and I will watch sermons from YouTube from pastors whom we trust. I speak often about Adrian Rogers. He has been with Jesus for years, but his amazing sermons live on and feed the flock. You simply go to YouTube and type in “Adrian Rogers,”  and you will get a long list of sermons from this amazing saint.
Certainly, there are other sound teachers out there. What I am saying is that many of us miss powerful sermons from the Word of God. What I have suggested is an alternative for those of us who are “churchless.”
I pray that this article has helped someone – somewhere.
As we yearn for His appearing, let us encourage one another while we can.
Shalom b’Yeshua
MARANATHA!
Articles at grandmageri422.me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2

9-16-23 It Is Coming