5-23-20 Daily Dig


Daily Dig for May 23

Jim Forest
Humility is poverty of spirit and meekness. Humility inspires an attitude of listening and of seeking out those who can give good counsel. Humility welcomes correction. A humble person is not proud or arrogant. Humility is not a denial of my value as a human being but rather seeing myself in relationship to God. Humility results from being in a state of gratitude rather than envy, resentment, or bitterness. Do I boast about myself? Do I respect others? Do I listen with attention and a readiness to learn? Do I resent good advice? Do I accept correction with gratitude? Or do I defend myself even when I am in the wrong?
Patience is calmly bearing or enduring delay, disappointment, pain, and sorrow. It is a deep confidence in God's providence and the willingness to persevere even in the face of loss and failure. Clement speaks of patience as an “interiorized monasticism.” It is not resignation but the awareness that truly Christ is risen from the dead and is with us moment to moment, no matter where we go or what we are enduring.
Source: Confession: Doorway to Forgiveness
Free ebook this week:
God’s Revolution: Justice, Community, and the Coming Kingdomby Eberhard Arnold Download it here.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 It's Coming

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2