5-22-20 To Fellow Moms of Prodigals

To Fellow Moms of Prodigals  :: By Candy Austin

Psalm 73:25 “Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.”
To fellow Moms who did not have a ‘Hallmark Mother’s Day,’ this is for you. To fellow Moms who did the best they could at the time with where they were at mentally, emotionally and physically, this is for you. To fellow Moms who love their children and only wanted the very best for them, this is for you. To fellow Moms who gave it their all with what they had, this is for you. To fellow Moms who poured their hearts and souls into their kids only to have it all wadded up and thrown in their face, this is for you.
Fellow Moms of Prodigals know the feeling of waking up on Mother’s Day year after year only to know that they will be ‘largely forgotten’ on this day. All week I prayed for fellow Christian Moms who are going through this Prodigal experience with their wayward children. My prayer is for Wisdom, Discernment, Strength, and Courage and for Abba Father God to give us a Peace and a Joy that surpasses all understanding. I hope that fellow Moms of Prodigals had all of this and more on this special day whether they are acknowledged by their children or not. Like my long-time email buddy sent to me the other day, “You will always be a Mother.”
On that note, I decided to Thank God despite my circumstances and pain. I Thank Him for the experience of being pregnant, resulting in 2 healthy live births and 1 first-trimester miscarriage; some women never get that experience. I Thank God for the experience of feeding my babies their first bottles in the hospital, bringing them home for the first time and giving them their first baths, for doctoring their umbilical cord stubs until they fell off; some women never get that experience. I Thank Him for getting to watch my babies grow from infanthood to toddlerhood to childhood and even to their teenage years; some women never get that experience. I Thank God for the gift of being a Mom no matter how painful at times it may be.
A new email buddy of mine said she would be calling some of her friends on this difficult day due to some of them having lost a child to drug overdose, some of them who are childless, and some of them who have not had any relations with their Moms in years. Sometimes holidays are the hardest days to endure on our calendars. We need only to remember that God holds all of our days in the palm of His Hand. He has all of them recorded in His Book before one ever came to be. Let us be mindful on this day of the One who has the very hairs on our heads all numbered.
Luke 12:7 “But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.”
To fellow Moms of Prodigals, we may not have any cards, gifts, or flowers on this day to Thank us for all of our hard work, but there is something that we do have that will never be taken away. That something is our Lord Jesus Christ who said He would never leave us nor forsake us. He promises to go with us every step of the way, even until the bitter end. Jesus is a friend that sticks closer than a sibling. He is someone who loves us with an everlasting love. To be honest, I would not want to trade my relationship with Christ for any relationship in the world! What does it profit us to gain the whole world and to lose our own soul?!
Matthew 28:20 “Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.”
Hebrews 13:5 “Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”
Proverbs 18:24 “A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.”
Jeremiah 31:3 “The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.”
Mark 8:36 “For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?”
Until next time… Maranatha!
(JESUS = THE WAY, THE TRUTH, & THE LIFE)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2

9-16-23 It Is Coming