10-22-17 The End of Eras

I saw a news story last week about the last Cone textile plant in Greensboro closing after being in operation for one hundred and nine years and I thought to my self wow the end of an era. If you live long enough you'll see the end of a lot of eras. I was born in 1958 so I didn't see much of the 50's that I can remember. I spent my childhood from age two to twelve growing up in the 60's. I think those years were probably the most enjoyable ones. I still was an innocent child who felt safe and loved by my family. I remember the Cuban missile crisis and the death of President Kennedy. I remember the passing of members of the Martinat family during those years. It was a much simpler time back then and I look back on those years with fondness. I realize now that there were problems the Viet-nam war, issues with school and home life but at the time none of that mattered.When the 60's came to a close it was the end of an era it would be the end of my childhood innocence. The 70's from age twelve to twenty-two would mold me into the young adult that I became. These years would be turbulent with unrest and feelings of isolation and rebelliousness. I was thrown into an adult world that I was ill-equipped to function in. I know now that I became suspended in limbo in the mindset that I had in the 70's and never progressed any further. All my adult decisions would be made from that mindset.I never became a real adult mentally as far as being able to think rationally and accept responsibly for my actions. So for me, the 70's never really ended. I always thought of myself as a teenager that never was allowed to complete being a teenager. So why is any of this important? Era's end and life progresses and have to adjust and move on. We can't go back and relive past times or memories. We can remember the past both good and bad and hopefully learn from it and not repeat the same mistakes and hopefully become better more loving, caring individuals from what we learn. Peace to all.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2

9-17-23 It's Coming