9-26-20 Assurance of Salvation

Assurance of Salvation :: By Jim Towers

Most people wonder how I can go around with a smile and joyful attitude all the time (except, of course, when the occasion calls for seriousness or thoughtful inquiry). There are times when I even laugh out loud in public places – a rare sight indeed, especially these days when there’s not much to laugh about.
After I received Christ, I strove to be the best Christian man I could be: a complete man, thoughtful, forgiving, generous, kind, well-read and self-controlled. Without the Holy Spirit’s help, this would be an impossible goal; and even though I knew I could never reach perfection, I tried to live a life pleasing to God.
The secret to my confident demeanor is in knowing scripture – the Bible being my favorite book.
You see, “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” Knowing this, I’ve tucked the Words and promises of the Bible into my innermost being.
Wanting to counter the devil’s prompting to do wrong and to fear or even doubt God’s veracity, early on in my walk with the Lord I printed out about a dozen of my favorite verses and pasted them on prepared and colored (orange) pieces of wood and hung them together in my bedroom.
From that point on, I was able to overcome inevitable disappointments, and other things the devil would throw my way. Yes, I would stumble on occasion, but God lifted me up with His words of encouragement, dusted me off and sent me on my way to discover and fulfill my yet unfulfilled destiny.
I’ve learned that money, knowledge, and pleasure are temporal in the grand scheme of things. I have a peace that can’t be bought at any price and know that at the end of my striving I will inherit life everlasting. No more tears, pain and suffering; only joy, wonder and continued peace.
A neighbor who is Roman Catholic is unsure of salvation, so I wrote the following and gave a copy to her and another moderate Christian since they believe in Christ Jesus but live in constant fear of not being good enough to make it to heaven.
Roman’s 4:5 “But to him that worketh notbut believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.”
“Without faith it is impossible to please God” (Hebrews 11:6).
John 5-24 “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
Eph 2:8-9 “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God lest any man should boast.”
John 10:28 “And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”
Romans 10:9 “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
1 John 5:13 “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.”
Romans 8:1 “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.”
John 3:36 “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”
So, my friend, what is keeping you from these assurances. As the scriptures say, “My people perish from lack of knowledge.” So put down your romance, fantasy, sci-fi and mystery novels and other fairytales and learn to live a worry-free life.
Other good BOOKS:
Writer and filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza wrote this tome during Obama’s administration, and it is still very informative and eye-opening. In it you will learn about the beginnings of the Christian United States of America. The title of the book is America: Imagine a World Without Her.
I also just read another smaller book titled Gift of Life by Henri Landwirth that was of his tragic remembrances as a Holocaust survivor who just about gave up living; but just when he was at the end of his rope, God intervened with the news that the war had ended. Three years in the death camps, and one day it was all over. The Nazi’s had lost the war, and he survived to come to the USA and prosper as a hotelier in Florida.
You can probably obtain these books on Amazon.
YBIC
Jim Towers
and visit me at www.dropzonedelta.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-18-23 Rage Against Jesus And His People — The Ominous Trend Of 2022

9-18-23 Power of God’s Control

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19