9-25-20 Just a Jalapeno or Two

Just a Jalapeno or Two :: By Don Twobears

Oh, my Friends! This evening, my Wife and I and Friends visited a “Mexican” restaurant. Well, let’s say this: it was good food, but it missed something…Flavor! I ordered the Fajitas (Carne…Beef) and they tasted alright, but again, no real flavor.
Please understand, we used to live and work in San Antonio, Texas, for 50 years. Thus, we know what real Mexican Food tastes like, and this was NOT real Mexican Food. We have been to Cancun, Cozumel, Progresso Yucatan, Monterey, El Paso and many others; their food was to die for! Those people were very Proud of their work in the food Industry, and it showed and it tasted that way. Evidently, they make food for the people where we live now, and many of these people here have no idea of what Real Mexican food tastes like. I kept thinking, what would these people feel like if they ate some real Mexican Food?
Then, I began to think of this experience, like the Word of God says. “We are the salt of the earth.” And then, “What would happen if the salt lost its flavor?”
Matthew 5:13 “Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.”
In other words, what would happen if WE lost our flavor? To be thrown out, to be trodden under the foot of man? Think on this for a moment. I believe, as a born-Again Believer, we are unique to the Lord. In other words, we have flavor because of HIM. Therefore, if we have no flavor, NO HIM, evidently. Am I correct?! Mexican Food…with no flavor…get my drift? All one would be able to think is, “How sad is that?!”
I remember my Mom teaching me how to make Southern Fried Chicken. She told me to “make sure the batter has plenty of salt in it, otherwise the Chicken will taste flat.” Later, I would not only have plenty of salt in the batter, I would sprinkle salt on the chicken as it cooked, as well. I have never had a single complaint on my Chicken, Fried or Bar-B-Que’d. What does that have to say about you and me being the salt of the earth? Does this make any sense to you? And then, if we lose our “Savor,” as in salt, of what good are we?
In these days and times, it would seem that the world is looking and searching for “Flavor.” Not only in their food, but in their everyday lives as well. Their lives lack good flavor; they have become plain and humdrum, if you will. Nothing seems to change; it’s the same old, same old, every day! So, what if we threw them some salt, as in the Holy Word of God?
It’s sort of like coffee. The majority do not like the bitterness of coffee, but if you throw a small amount of salt in it, the bitterness disappears. Could it be that we should be that small amount of salt in their coffee? Lose the bitterness and it just tastes better…am I right? It’s wintertime right now; what if we went out to witness to others and took along some chocolate chip cookies or crackers with cheese? A nice hot cup of coffee to boot; do you think it would be a memorable time? I Do. When a time is memorable, would it not become a time they would remember…especially what you told them?
Do you think that this is what is meant in that passage of Scripture? We, as Believers, feeding the masses in such a way, that it is memorable? My Friends, we are Believers; we are the salt of the Earth! We are the flavor to the world!
Okay, am I little strange? Does what I state sound unusual and different? Then maybe it should, and not only for me. I believe that we should be different. Our Lord and Savior was different too…am I correct? Our choice of music is different; our lives are lived in a different manner. The question should then be, how can we…show more flavor to this world?!
Ya know, Mexican food is not real…unless there are Jalapenos or Habaneros in it, or even some cilantro. Yuppers…it’s going to make you sweat some. Oddly enough, milk or a flour tortilla will take the burn away. But you won’t forget what that food tastes like! I think we should be the same way because we are different. Let’s make the experience different and flavorful at the same time. What do ya think? Let’s salt the earth…with the Word of God!
Please keep something in mind here. The Rapture of the church of Jesus Christ is very close at hand! And the Word of God says, “Only a FEW will find the path to the narrow Gate.” Could it be that the world has never tasted the flavor of the Lord Jesus Christ?! Do they have any idea of what the Food of the Word would taste like…if there were no salt? Flat and Unappealing for sure. So maybe we could jazz it up a bit. Right? Throw in a few jalapenos, if you will. Just maybe, if we can make them sweat a little, they won’t have to burn…for Eternity.
Hey y’all…it’s just the way my mind works sometimes. I take what this world has to offer and then mix it with The Word of God; and hopefully…it will taste like Heaven! I am always willing to sit down to some really good Mexican food and Praise the Lord for it! HE feeds us, then we should feed the world.
My Friends, tell me what you think. I am on pins and needles to know your point of view.
Numbers 6:24-26 “The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace.”
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
All Passages of Scripture come from the King James Version of the Bible.
All Emphasis is mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-18-23 Rage Against Jesus And His People — The Ominous Trend Of 2022

9-18-23 Power of God’s Control

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19