9-27-21 Daily Dig

To Welcome Strangers Sarah Jackson In Denver, where I live, there’s a massive federal immigrant detention facility. More than a thousand people are held there at any given time. I realized I could come alongside these neighbors of mine in a very simple way: I could visit them. If their families lived a great distance away, I could invite them into my home so they could visit their detained loved ones without having to pay for hotels. By merely opening my door, I could reconnect families who were separated from each other. I soon found that people detained in the facility were being release nearly every day and many had nowhere to go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2

9-17-23 It's Coming