9-29-17 Stars

Psalm 8:3-4King James Version (KJV)

When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

AS a young child I would sit for hours at night looking up at the heavens at all of the stars and planets. Such amazement for a child to imagine how large and vast the universe must be. To think that one being could speak and create such beauty and wonderment. To know that the same being also created me and that I would be more important to him than all the stars in the sky. As we grow older we become preoccupied with the daily routines and worries of life and we don't have the time to look up at the stars any more and wonder. I miss those nights even though I really didn't know Jesus at that age I still felt at one with the universe and all was well. There are too many street lights and other lights now. They drown out the stars unless you drive out into the country side where the darkness still covers the night. Lately I've started looking up to the heavens at night again. I still see the beauty of God's creation and I still feel the wonderment that he still loves and cares for me after all these years. I know that some day I will leave this earthly body behind and will be transported up through the heavens to be with him for eternity. What a day of rejoicing that will be. Until then I just have to imagine and be content. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2

9-17-23 It's Coming