9-28-17 Needful Things

We've all been taught as little children that we need certain things in life to be happy, successful, content, fulfilled, complete, respected, and the list could on but I think you get the point. For a few days this week I was distracted and tempted by the idea of earthly, physical things that I imagined would make me more contented and happy. Sometimes we needed to be reminded of the things that really make us a whole person in body and soul. My first real need is my relationship with God and Jesus Christ his Son. Without that connection I would truly be a lost soul. My second need is my relationship with my wife and daughter and her family. My third need is the loving fur babies that give me their love and companionship without any strings attached. Everything else after those three needs are luxury items. So many people in the world lack the basic physical things to survive life daily. They spend their days trying to find enough clean water, edible food, a safe warm, dry place to sleep at night, medicines and medical care for their children if needed. Some live in constant fear of killed for their religious beliefs or ethnicity. Others are homeless, or child runaways, or victims of human trafficking, or victims of abuse or addiction. When I stop and look and really consider the things that I am blessed with every single day it makes me ashamed that I would even think that I need anything else to be happy. I just need to be reminded every now and then about the real things in life that I have instead of the things that I think I need.

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2

9-17-23 It's Coming