12-25-20 Forgot How to Laugh: Remembered How to Rejoice

Forgot How to Laugh; Remembered How to Rejoice :: By Candy Austin

Isaiah 53:3-5, KJV “He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.”
In times like these, it is hard to find stuff to laugh about anymore, what with all this pandemonium that is ‘our new normal’ in this world now. Since about 2010, when the love of many started to wax cold in our lives, actions like ‘laughing’ became less and less frequent for me. Even in 2016 when our youngest was still here, she commented at one point that ‘she forgot what my laugh sounded like.’ Truth be told, I forget what my laugh sounds like sometimes too. More than that, I cannot tell you when was the last time that I had a ‘deep belly laugh.’ You know the kind that makes your belly hurt, but in a good way? During times of grief, anxiety, and loss, we tend to miss out on important things like laughter.
Do not get me wrong; it is not like we walk around all ‘doom and gloom,’ because that is not who we are in Christ. Even though He gives us a ‘peace that surpasses all understanding,’ at the same time, the pain of adversity does not just simply go away. For example, there are many times my husband and I will watch some ‘Christian Comedy’ on Pure Flix, and some of the jokes will successfully draw a ‘giggle or a snicker or two’ out from me. ‘Unclean comedy’ would not be pleasing or even humorous to me, so I am glad that we can find ‘Clean Shows and Comics’ to watch on Pure Flix for a small monthly fee and get to stream it onto our television. Seeing how hard it is to find clean entertainment these days… this is sad but true.
The book of Isaiah tells us that Jesus was a man who was despised and rejected, a man of sorrows who was also acquainted with grief. One who was stricken, smitten, and afflicted by God, for us. Surely, He has borne our griefs! Guess what? We do not get out of this life ‘unscathed,’ and to think so would be ignorant at best. To be honest, we should expect trials and tribulations, because Jesus told us that we would have them during our time here on Earth. The Christian life is virtually a Battlefield; therefore, we are in a War, and we are to endure Hardness and Suffering as a Good Soldier of Christ.
2 Timothy 2:3 “Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.”
The Bible has some things to say about laughing, mainly in Psalms and Proverbs. What is interesting to me is that even God laughs. There are verses about Him laughing at the Wicked because He holds them in derision. This should bring us comfort because God sees the End from the Beginning! He can laugh at Evil because He knows that we hold the Victory in the End! The book of Ecclesiastes tells us that here on Earth there is a time to weep, a time to laugh, a time to mourn, and a time to dance. God’s Word tells us that in Heaven there is ‘Fullness of Joy’ in the Lord’s presence! I can only imagine that it will be a glorious time of ‘Uninhibited and Unending Laughter and Dancing’ like we have never known before!
Psalm 2:4 “He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.”
Psalm 37:13 “The LORD shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.”
Psalm 59:8 “But thou, O LORD, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision.”
Now that I think of it, there have been times, even recently, that my husband and I have laughed about something funny that we had said, and we could not stop laughing for at least a few minutes! I guess I forget this, because when one has turmoil and grief in their lives, it is easy to forget the good times we may have, and it’s hard to remember to take the focus off of the circumstances in the bad times we may have. In an age such as this, we need to pray for each other now more than ever. Brothers and Sisters in Christ are hurting everywhere and need our prayers and any assistance we can offer.
I found a couple of ‘Cheerful Christian Songs’ on Laughter and Laughing. These songs are so uplifting that I hope by sharing them, they will encourage, comfort, and ‘help to uplift anyone’ reading this who may be going through a ‘slump or a hard time’ as well. Listening to them a few times each actually helped to put a ‘spring in my step’ today! Praise the Lord!
On that note (Praising the Lord), the Bible tells us not to be anxious about anything, but in all things by prayer and supplication make our requests known unto God, for He cares for us. It also tells us to ‘Rejoice in the Lord’ always. So, apparently, no matter what we are going through, we are to Rejoice in the Lord at all times! Believe me, I know this is hard to do especially when times are rough, but my admonition is to ask the Lord in prayer to give you a peace that surpasses all understanding, and He will! For I can attest that He has carried me ‘Through the Fire’ my entire life, even when I did not realize or acknowledge it!
Philippians 4:4 “Rejoice in the LORD always: and again I say, Rejoice.”
Psalm 118:24 “This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.”
Jason Gray – Laugh Out Loud (Lyric Video) https://youtu.be/Fsy5vVCO-J4
BeBe Winans – Laughter Just Like A Medicine (Video) https://youtu.be/pv0EeJVKCkc
Job 8:21 “Till he fill thy mouth with laughing, and thy lips with rejoicing.”
Until next time… Maranatha!
(JESUS = THE WAY, THE TRUTH, & THE LIFE.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-17-23 It's Coming

9-18-23 Rage Against Jesus And His People — The Ominous Trend Of 2022

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19