4-28-18 The Serious Business of Heaven

Daily Devotion: The Serious Business of Heaven - By Greg Laurie - www.harvest.org
 
I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance. -Luke 15:7
 
Sometimes people wonder whether those in Heaven know what is taking place on earth. Some would say no. But I beg to differ. I think Heaven is aware of what happens on earth.
 
However, I don't think our loved ones are sitting in Heaven, watching everything we do. But I do think there is an awareness of what is going on, and there are a lot of verses that I could cite to prove that point. But this much I know clearly: When someone comes to faith in Christ and they repent of their sins, there is rejoicing in Heaven. Whenever there is a conversion on earth, there is a party in Heaven.
 
God gets excited when lost people come to repentance, and so should we. As C. S. Lewis said, joy is the serious business of Heaven. So if they are having a party in Heaven over the conversion of one person, should we, too, not be excited when we see someone come to Christ?
 
Jesus cares, and so should we. Luke 15 tells us that when the shepherd finds the sheep he has lost, "he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!' "(verses 5-6).
 
I believe that is what kept Jesus going, even to the cross. Hebrews 12:2 tells us that Jesus, "for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." What was that joy? It was us. We were the joy. We were the prize. We were the treasure. We were the goal He went after and laid it all down for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-17-23 Now It Is Obvious Why

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-16-23 It Is Coming