2-23-18 Aren't All Religions Pretty Much the Same

By Billy Graham, Tribune Content Agency

Aren't all religions pretty much the same?

Feb 23, 2018
We were very saddened to hear of Billy Graham's passing. We will continue to run new and archived versions of his column until it is no longer syndicated.

Q: I think it's wrong to believe that one religion is any better than any other religion. I think all religions have glimpses of the truth, and I hope that eventually they'll all get together and become one great religion. You probably won't agree, but why? -- Mrs. L.N.S.

A: Although I can't agree with you, I sense that in your soul you have a hunger for God -- and I hope you won't ever be satisfied with anything less than discovering the living God. God's promise is for you: "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart" (Jeremiah 29:13).

Let me use an illustration to explain what I mean. Suppose you were a medical researcher, and one day you developed a new drug that -- for the first time -- completely cured a particular type of cancer. Would you keep it to yourself? Or would you tell doctors that it really didn't matter which drug they used? No, of course not. You'd do everything you could to convince people to take it.

The same is true with Jesus Christ. The human race, the Bible says, has a deadly disease -- a "spiritual cancer" the Bible calls sin. Not only does it pollute our lives and twist our personalities, but it cuts us off from God and from Heaven. Is there any cure? Yes! God has given us the cure -- and that cure is Jesus Christ, God's only Son, who gave His life for us.

Don't wander down spiritual paths that will only deceive you and end up leading nowhere. Instead, turn to Jesus Christ and discover the hope and forgiveness He alone can give. Only Christ could say, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6).

========

(Send your queries to "My Answer," c/o Billy Graham, Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, 1 Billy Graham Parkway, Charlotte, N.C., 28201; call 1-(877) 2-GRAHAM, or visit the Web site for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association: www.billygraham.org.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 It's Coming

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2