7-20-23 Shadow of Apocalypse

Shadow of Apocalypse - By Hal Lindsey - https://www.hallindsey.com/ww-10-9-2022/ In Japan, people scrambled to find shelter as a North Korean missile flew overhead. The nation issued a J-alert. Train service was suspended. Officials ordered residents in the northeastern part of the country to evacuate buildings and find bomb shelters. Both Japan and South Korea sit minutes away from almost all of North Korea’s large ballistic missile stockpile. But they’re not alone. The Democratic People’s Republic of Korea also has intercontinental ballistic missiles that can reach most of the world, including the United States. On October 4th, the Los Angeles Times ran an article with the headline, “North Korea’s latest missile test reminds the world of Asia’s powder keg.” The article said, “With the war in Ukraine and Russia’s threats to deploy tactical nuclear weapons, it was easy to lose sight of the rising danger North Korea poses.” But with a threat like Russia, such an oversight is understandable. When the nation with the world’s largest stockpile of nuclear weapons, repeatedly threatens to use them, it’s hard not to put your focus there. It may feel good to see Ukraine’s success, but we also need to understand the danger their success creates. Putin’s army is falling apart. Men fearing the draft have been fleeing the country at an astounding rate. An ever-growing number of Putin’s inner circle have met untimely deaths, suggesting that it’s dangerous even in private to question the Czar-like Putin. But on the battlefield, another kind of desperation has set in. It has become increasingly common to see white flags attached to Russian tanks, and Russian soldiers walking toward enemy lines with their hands raised. Vladimir Putin is being deeply humiliated. That feels like justice, but it has created an almost unfathomable danger for every person in the world. The Daily Beast ran an October 4th article with the headline, “It’s Time to Brace for Putin’s Greatest Meltdown Yet.” They called him a “cornered animal,” and said, “The great unraveling of Russian President Vladimir Putin could be right around the corner. It won’t be pretty.” As Russia’s leader is further weakened, he becomes more likely to lash out with the only thing Russia has that scares everyone else — his nukes. He’s looking for a way to stay in power, and maybe even to stay alive. It is a time of desperation, and that means anything is possible. That same day, October 4, 2022, the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) said it was purchasing $290 million worth of the drug Nplate, used “to save lives following radiological and nuclear emergencies.” Think about that. The United States is now stockpiling antiradiation drugs. What brought that on? One guess. Russia. Vladimir Putin, a man who seems to be in poor health and showing increased mental instability, controls the world’s largest arsenal of nuclear weapons — larger even than that of the United States. In a televised September speech to the Russian people, Putin said he was not bluffing when he warned that he might use nuclear weapons against the West. He told them the very existence of Russia is now at stake in Ukraine. Since he said that, Russia’s strategic position in Ukraine has only grown more dire. “Perilous times” have come, just as the Bible said they would. Stay close to the Lord in prayer and Bible reading. We must not despair, but walk in faith — getting the Gospel out in every way we can, for as long as we can. Just For Today… - By Mike Damron - https://www.raptureready.com/2022/10/04/just-for-today-by-mike-damron/ One thing that the Lord has taught me over the years is to live one day at a time. I get easily overwhelmed when I look too far ahead. A while back, I made up a list of things (priorities) to keep me focused on every day. Below is that list. I pray that this helps you also. 1. Just for today – I’m going to read my Bible. It may only be one chapter. It may only be one verse. It may only be one word. I will seek the Holy Spirit’s help in understanding what I read and for His help to put it into practice in my life, knowing that I cannot grow spiritually without His Word. And my greatest goal in reading His word is getting to know Him more! 2. Just for today – I’m going to take time to pray. Before I start my day, I’m going to ask God for guidance, for protection, and for strength. If there is any known sin in my life, I will confess it, forsake it, and ask God for His forgiveness. I will thank God for all my blessings. I will praise Him for who He is as my God, my Creator, my Savior, and my Friend. If there are any needs in my life, I will ask God to meet them according to His will. And most of all, I will ask that His will be done in my life. I will not forget to pray for others (intercessory). And I won’t forget to send up prayers throughout the day as needed (pray without ceasing). I will end my day in prayer. 3. Just for today – I’m going to trust God. Just as I trusted Him to save me from my sins, I’m going to trust His promises, reminding myself that God cannot lie and that He has proven Himself faithful to me in past troubles. I will trust Him when I’m afraid. I will trust Him even if it seems that He is against me. My faith will be tested. 4. Just for today – I’m going to love God with all my heart and love others. I will remind myself that love is the greatest commandment in the Bible and is more important than anything I am able to say or do for the Lord. I will let my love for God be greater than the love I have for the world. I will let my love for God be the motivating factor for everything I do for Him. I will love others (my neighbors), even those who are my enemies. I will exhibit to others an agape (unconditional) love, the love which God has for me. 5. Just for today – I will seek to be a blessing to others. I will be kind, gentle, patient, and courteous to others – reminding myself that these traits are fruits of the Holy Spirit and cannot be done in my own strength. I need His help. (Pray!) I will encourage and edify others. 6. Just for today – I will not complain, grumble, or gripe to others. I will learn to take all of my complaints (cares) to the Lord (first) before going to others. My God has big shoulders! 7. Just for today – I will seek to live a life that glorifies and honors God. I will be careful not to do anything that would bring reproach upon His Name. Even though I could never become worthy by the things I do, I remind myself that as a child of God, He is worthy of a walk by me that will glorify and honor Him in all I do and say. 8. Just for today – I will forgive myself. I will remind myself that I will never be perfect in this life and that everyone has fallen short of the Glory of God and makes mistakes. If (since) God has forgiven me of all my sins (which He has since I am a believer), then I need to forgive myself. I will not allow the devil to make me feel guilty or condemned over sins that have been confessed, forsaken, and forgiven! 9. Just for today – I will share my faith and the love of Jesus to someone who is lost. I will speak first through the life that I live in front of them and then will use words. I will remind myself that no one will care what I have to say until they know that I care. I will be careful not to shove grace in their face and will let the Holy Spirit be my guide. 10. Just for today – I will not give up! No matter how many times I fail or fall, I will never give up! I will get up every time and will keep going, reminding myself that the Lord is by my side, helping me to get up, helping me to keep going, and most importantly, that He will never forsake me. He is cheering me on! He is on my side. He is not mad at me. If I fail or forget to do these things today, I will not beat myself up over it, reminding myself that every new day brings about a fresh start, a clean slate, new mercies, grace, and compassion from my wonderful Lord!! Amen!! May the Lord bless you as you wait for Him to return! Mike Damron mdamron@damronwalls.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-18-23 Rage Against Jesus And His People — The Ominous Trend Of 2022

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 Now It Is Obvious Why