KNOW HOW TO BURY YOUR DEAD

Know How To Bury Your Dead

by Michael G. Mickey

(3-16-06)

On the topic of a potential bird flu pandemic, a Reuters news story opens with the following advice: "When burying a body in the backyard, don't put it too close to the septic system." Yes, members of our government are beginning to accept the possibility that a bird flu pandemic may be so destructive to America's infrastructure that some of us may need to know this (and other) pieces of morbid information, including the price of body bags (about $20 each).

In the Bible we're told, as seen in Matthew 24:7 and Luke 21:11, the end times will, in part, be marked by pestilences. Additionally, as I've pointed out on numerous occasions, Revelation 6:8 tells us "the beasts of the earth", among other factors, are going to play a prominent role in the deaths of many in the Tribulation Period to come, holding power over "the fourth part of the earth."

In bird flu, we see partial fulfillment of Matthew 24:7 and Luke 21:11, of course, but there have always been pestilences which have plagued mankind, right? Not exactly, at least not on the scale we see it today. I and others, Hal Lindsey to name one specifically, have recently tried to draw the Church's attention to the potential prophetic significance of what is presently being reported in the news of our world today as it may well be a sign of how near we are to our Lord's return!

As for me, I recently drew attention to a Times Online article which states that deadly viruses are mutating to infect humans at a rate never seen before! At least one new disease is jumping the species barrier from animals to human beings every year, according to the article. A similar story by Fox News ominously warns that humans risk being overrun by diseases from the animal world! It certainly places Revelation 6:8 in a new light, although I in no way claim to know with certainty that's what the Lord was specifically referring to when He had John pen those words. Nonetheless, the possibility is worthy of consideration, as I'm about to demonstrate once again.

ABC News recently quoted bird flu expert Robert G. Webster as saying the odds are "about even" at this time for bird flu to learn how to transmit human to human. The following quote from Webster featured in the story helps us to see clearly why everyone may need to know how to bury their dead if this comes to pass:

"Society just can't accept the idea that 50 percent of the population could die. And I think we have to face that possibility. I'm sorry if I'm making people a little frightened, but I feel it's my role."

Recently, while doing some research to see where RaptureAlert.com is popping up on the worldwide web, I found a site had a link to my site on it, describing RaptureAlert.com as the number one news source for Armageddon-related issues or something along those lines. While that brought a great big smile to my face in light of what RaptureAlert.com is truly all about, which is sounding the alert that Jesus Christ is coming soon, the very BEST news in the world from the perspective of the born-again believer, I'm okay with people reading my site for whatever reason, even if it's to poke fun at me a little (or even a lot). Like Robert G. Webster, I'm sorry if I'm making people a little frightened, but I feel it's my role. It's what God has led me to do and I'm passionate about it, even when doing so leaves me exhausted, particularly when I'm having a rough week at my day job.

In a world where many churches are more interested in filling pew seats through appeasement of the lost than winning souls to the Lord through sound biblical teaching, the few of us willing to point toward the potential signs in the world around us indicating that Jesus Christ's return for His Church is drawing near, conditionally at the very least, had better get busy in doing so! Why? If we don't, quite frankly, it isn't going to be done at all.

Even in a time when Iran is about to obtain a nuclear weapon it has all but said it will use to defeat "the West" and "the Zionists", code words for the United States and Israel, and experts are warning that bird flu could mutate and kill half of mankind, I'd say it's far more than safe to state that there are more Christians who are being taught sermons on the modern church's number one spiritual concern ("daily living") on any given Sunday than being taught to be observant concerning what is going on around them - events which should be causing the Body of Christ to begin looking up for the return of Jesus Christ in earnest, instead of complacently sitting in ear-tickling churches learning how to live more comfortably in a world the born-again Christian isn't even supposed to be comfortable living in in the first place! Amen?

I was reading a commentary written by Chuck Baldwin this morning, within which he'd written the following:

One dear preacher friend (one who is not afraid to preach the truth) told me recently, "I have never felt more alone in all my life. I think I now know how the prophets of old must have felt." I share the feeling.

Day after day, I document information on this website I believe is irrefutable evidence as to the lateness of the hour we're living in. Even so, very few, aside from true believers in Christ, are contacting me to tell me they're getting the picture and it breaks my heart. Much like Chuck Baldwin's preacher friend, I often feel very alone as do many other believers I hear from.

"When burying a body in the backyard, don't put it too close to the septic system."

Who, in the good old safe United States of America (or any other place around the world for that matter), needs to know this important tip? I'll tell you. Anyone who reads this commentary in their sin, rejects their need to come to faith in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, and subsequently misses the Rapture of the Church!

Zephaniah 1:14-18:

The great day of the LORD [is] near, [it is] near, and hasteth greatly, [even] the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.

That day [is] a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,

A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.

And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.

Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD'S wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

Pestilences, widespread apostasy in churches everywhere, wars and rumors of war, turmoil in the Middle East, famine in Africa, earthquakes, mark of the beast technologies on the move, rampant sexual immorality, weapons of mass destruction, and more! These things are present in the news of our world DAILY!

Wake up, Church! Wake up, world!

Jesus Christ is coming soon! Immediately thereafter the great Day of the Lord will come!
BE READY!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear Michael,
I DO know exactly how you feel. I am absolutely amazed at the ignorance of much of the Church with regard to the prolific signs of the end times all around us.
People do not want to hear "doomsday rhetoric." Even if it truly means that, for the believer, Jesus is even now at the door and His hand is nearing the doorknob.
Please continue in your calling as a watchman on the wall. I, for one, read your articles regularly.

Jana Funkhouser
janarene57@yahoo.com
Anonymous said…
Just wondering, what is the point about not burying the dead too close to the septic tank?

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2

9-16-23 It Is Coming