9-10-21Now, For Some Good News

Now, For Some Good News :: By Holly Spate Published on: September 8, 2021 by RRadmin7 Category:General Articles, Holly Spate “This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it” (Psalm 118:24). I would imagine everyone reading this would agree that they are in need of some good news. Am I right? I think everyone, especially given all that’s going on in our nation and throughout the world, would welcome some good news. Our world has gone mad, and it’s obvious that there is a strong delusion and lack of common sense among leaders and peoples. It is evident we are seeing what the Bible clearly mentions in scripture, which is the world we currently find ourselves in: “Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!” (Isaiah 5:20). Despite everything happening around us, we are told to stand strong and remember what Jesus our SAVIOR has said. “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world” (John 16:33). Be of what during the chaos, tribulation, trials? Be of GOOD CHEER!!! Be in turmoil? … NO, be at peace. If Jesus is your Savior… be of good cheer. If this world is not your home and you’re just passing through… be of good cheer. If you have a bright, eternal future ahead of you… be of good cheer. If you still have breath to tell someone about Jesus… be of good cheer. How do we, as believers, be of good cheer? We unplug from the desires of the world and plug into the Savior. We start by worshipping our Creator…praying…reading the Bible…praising Him…remembering all He’s done, all He’s doing, and all He promises. We stand on Scripture as we put our complete lives (present and future) in God’s capable, loving hands. It is the conscious act of putting our full focus on Almighty God and reminding ourselves Whose we are in Christ. And when we do this, our confidence, faith, and trust become stronger. We can then truly feel more emboldened to take a stand and not cower in fear. Remember: Fear cripples, Faith frees. So, fellow brother or sister in Christ, brush your armor off, open your Bible, start praising and praying, and get prepared. Ephesians 6:10-18 reminds us, “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. “Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.” Deuteronomy 31:6 reminds, “Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.” Unplugging from the negative and plugging into the Savior is the best thing you can do. Worshipping, praying, Bible reading, seeking His face, putting on the full armor of Christ, all equip and remind our hearts, souls and minds WHO is in control. In turn, we naturally find it easier to truly hand over the reins to the Creator of All. I am hopeful that the verses that follow will encourage you during these uncertain, trying times. Meditate on them, print them out, and refer to them throughout your day as you let God both encourage and strengthen you through His wonderful Word. And remember as you press on to Be of Good Cheer! I’d like to conclude with a prayer: Heavenly Father, We thank You for Your goodness and mercy. We thank You for the gift of Jesus and for salvation. We pray for those who are lost and ask that You open their eyes to the truth so that they are set free and come to accept Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior. We pray fear not take root in our lives but that faith soars. We pray for America and all the nations of the world that You would open eyes, change lives and work miracles. Thank you for Your love, Your Word. May we put You first and remember we are called to walk in faith, not fear. 1 John 4:18 reminds us: “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.” We thank you that we have a bright future ahead where we will one day be forever with You for all eternity. We love You, praise You and thank you. Amen. spate.holly@gmail.com BE OF GOOD CHEER… “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” (John 14:27). “And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful” (Colossians 3:15). “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust” (Psalm 91:1-2). “Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee” (Hebrews 13:5). “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1). “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me” (Philippians 4:13). “He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord” (Psalm 112:7). “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is my salvation” (Isaiah 12:2). “And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God” (Philippians 1:28 ). “I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved” (Psalm 16:8). “For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal” (2 Corinthians 4:16-18). “The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing” (Zephaniah 3:17). “Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest” (Joshua 1:9). “Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost” (Romans 15:13). “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love” (1 John 4:18). “Be of good courage, and let us play the men for our people, and for the cities of our God: and the Lord do that which seemeth him good” (2 Samuel 10:12). “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell” (Matthew 10:28). “And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not” (Galatians 6:9). “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee” (Isaiah 26:3). “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end” (Jeremiah 29:11). “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness” (Isaiah 41:10). “The Lord is my strength and song, and is become my salvation. The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tabernacles of the righteous: the right hand of the Lord doeth valiantly. The right hand of the Lord is exalted: the right hand of the Lord doeth valiantly” (Psalm 118:14-16). “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7). “The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all” (Psalm 34:17-19). “Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings from the wicked who are out to destroy me, from my mortal enemies who surround me” (Psalm 17:8-9). “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms” (Ephesians 6:12). “I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore” (Psalm 121:1-8). “Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him” (Proverbs 30:5). “Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them” (Mark 11:24). “I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears” (Psalm 34:4). “Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost” (Romans 15:13). “This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it” (Psalm 118:24).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2

9-16-23 It Is Coming