9-10-21 Daily Dig

Sanctuary and Shelter Alan Cross In late May of this year, I went to visit Mexican Baptist churches in Tijuana that had transformed their sanctuaries to receive thousands of migrants – families and children, mostly – who had come to the border seeking asylum and were waiting to have their cases heard. As I met with pastors who were receiving the migrants, I asked, “Why are you doing this? What motivates you to open your churches and give refuge to these people while they wait for their claims to be heard, even though this could take months?” Every single pastor gave me the same answer. First, “Why would you ask that? Isn’t it obvious?” Then they would tell me about the love of God. They would tell me that God wanted them to do this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-17-23 Now It Is Obvious Why

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-16-23 It Is Coming