1-17-21 It's My Place

It’s MY Place! :: By Don Twobears

Matthew 6:6 “But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.”
Sometimes the Lord will work in you long before you’re aware of it. This thing happened to me; please allow me to explain. This may indeed help others, as it has definitely helped me!
I believe I have always had a small room in my Heart (Mind) that I am able to go to during whatever was going on. Let me take you to my Room.
It’s sort of odd, the room is huge, and yet it feels small and personable. I look around and see the walls are covered in very old yet beautiful, heavy lumber. There is a wall or two that is covered with curtains, beautiful blue, thick and heavy. The room is not bright, more subdued if you will, lit with huge and very old cones with fire (providing light). There is always a very big fireplace with a roaring fire. Again, it is very odd to walk on huge stones (Like a Castle), yet my feet are never cold. The single door is like a Castle as well, very big and heavy. Come on y’all…this is MY room, My head.
There is a huge and heavy table in my room with matching big chairs, soft yet comfortable. This huge table is covered with papers, sometimes neatly stacked, and at other times, papers strewn everywhere. Many years ago, the Lord was there, yet HE never said anything, I simply knew HE was there. Nowadays I go to my room very often, and I look for HIM there. This is where I meet the Lord and deal with whatever life is handing me, absolutely everything.
Last year, October, the 22nd to be exact, I had a Total Left-knee replacement surgery. So, I was busy mending as well as working to be able to walk and move about. October the 27th, my Grandson Donovan died in a car accident…truly a bad day for me! Within an hour to an hour and a half, my wife and our Kids were packed and in the car, heading to Texas for the Funeral. I was left all alone in a big empty house, and only my Friend would come and visit every day, and our Pets.
When I first heard of my Grandson’s death, all I could think was, Lord, please give me Peace! I wanted to cry so bad, yet the tears never came that day. As soon as everyone was gone, I went out onto our patio and Prayed that the Kids and my Wife would have HIS Peace and be safe as they drove. And once again, I went into MY Room to be with the Lord.
I went there and threw a huge tantrum, threw furniture and the table all over, papers flying everywhere! I screamed and cried; I hollered…and hollered! I didn’t know what else to do, then I sat down and cried and cried and cried even more. “My Boy…I want my Boy Donovan!” was all I could mumble. Then I noticed the Hand of MY Lord and Savior…resting on my Head. I never once felt the need to ask HIM why HE took my Donovan! I kept asking for HIS Peace…. HE gave me that Peace!
Has it become easier for me? Yes, to a degree, yet I still miss my Donovan. Now…I am able to go to my room, and on occasion, I am able to feel my Donovan touch my arm and say, “Hi Papa, I Love you!” It suddenly becomes enough for me, and I do not feel that gnawing sensation of loss!
In my room, I am able to go to it and look at a page on my table. Typically, the page is very simple and to the point about a concern. I then hear My Lord ask me, “So…what do you want to do about that?” It does not matter if there is one page or a stack of pages, I simply think about the concern and then I drop the pages at HIS feet. Instantly, the pages are gone! And so are the feelings about that concern. No more perplexity or confusion, no anger or hostility. The Lord says, “I got this!” and that is the end to it.
As of late, I find that I spend a great deal of time…in MY room! This is where the Lord and I meet and talk with each other about many, many things. It is where I am able to bare my Soul and Spirit with HIM, where I can Love and Praise HIM for HIS Love and HIS blessings to me. It is where I can feel HIS touch, where HE soothes my Soul, if you will. I Praise and thank HIM for HIS beatings and for HIS Crucifixion for me and for others. It is also where I feel HIS Cross, where I am able to leave my Sin and ask HIS Forgiveness! MY room is the most personal and private place that I could ever know of, but most of all, where I meet with MY Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
People have told me many times that I have a very vivid imagination, which I will admit, I do! And yet, for this, my room…it is NOT imagination…it IS REAL! Anything worth happening happens in MY Room! The pages are left at HIS feet, and suddenly they disappear, as does my anxiety and worry! This life has grown many Grey hairs on my head, but…my Life is happy, and I am content because of MY Lord…and my little room!
I would have to guess – or maybe wonder would be a better word – if YOU have a little room for yourself? Do you have a spot where you and the Lord meet on a continual basis? I wonder as well if this small article and my description of MY ROOM could help you in your walk in Life?! I believe everyone needs someplace to go to bare their Soul and find Peace as well. Let me ask you this, how can this hurt?
This is from one believer to another, or even to one unbeliever – what can it hurt…right?! Maybe, it could be a place to find your refuge from this crazy world! You never know, you may meet MY Lord and Savior Jesus Christ there!
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
All Passages of Scripture come from the King James Version of the Bible.
All Emphasis is mine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 It's Coming

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2