10-14-19 The Lord is My Shepherd

The Lord is My Shepherd :: By Geri Ungurean

Brethren, I felt a quickening in my spirit today, and I believe that it was from the Lord for us, His people. He understands that the evil enveloping the world right now can cause us to become quite anxious and overwhelmed.
He also understands that we who love Him are longing for His appearing!
I have taken passages from Scripture to place in this piece, in hopes that the readers will draw comfort and peace that only He can give to us.
“He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday” (Psalm 91:1-6).
I am going to print out this article and keep it in my Bible. As the enemy comes in like a flood, we have the Holy Spirit within us and the Eternal and never-changing Word of God to comfort and protect us.
“O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together. I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed. This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles” (Psalm 34:3-6).
“So shall they fear the name of the Lord from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him” (Isaiah 59:19).
Oh Lord God, in our flesh and blood we tend to forget that You are not just our Creator, but you Sustain us and Love us with an everlasting love!
“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy” (Psalm 94:19).
“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 8:38-39).
Lord Jesus, we are hearing that severe persecution may be heading our way.
“If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. But all these things will they do unto you for my name’s sake, because they know not him that sent me” (John 15:18-21).
Lord, sometimes I’m so afraid of being killed.
“And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell” (Matthew 10:28).
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you” (Deuteronomy 31:6).
Lord Jesus, my whole family mocks me, and many want nothing to do with me.
“Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law” (Luke 12:51-53).
Lord, sometimes I even doubt my own Salvation. I hear the whispers of the evil one telling me that I’m too wicked to be saved.
“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9).
Lord, those whom I meet ridicule and mock me for loving You and believing Your Word, and for believing that You will Rapture us when Your Father sends you.
“Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation” (2 Peter 3:3-4).
“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father” (Matthew 24:36).
Lord Jesus, I sometimes fear that I will not speak the right words which will magnify You and bring others to repentance.
“But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak” (Matthew 10:19).
**Whenever I read the Scripture from Matthew 10:19, I always think back to Stephen, not only giving his testimony before the Sanhedrin, but speaking to them of the history of the Israelites and how this all led up to the coming of our Savior Jesus Christ.
But I also remember when they brought Stephen outside, knowing that they were going to stone him to death; and as Stephen looked up to heaven, he saw Jesus standing up! And Stephen asked our Lord to not hold this against them.
I believe that seed was planted in the heart and mind of Saul that very day, when he heard the words of Stephen.
Father, please give us the boldness and courage of Your servant, Stephen, if we do see the day when those who mock and oppose You (and us) will be determined to end our lives. Help us to remember that You will give us the words to speak. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Shalom b’Yeshua
MARANATHA!!
Articles at grandmageri422.me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2

9-16-23 It Is Coming