8-15-18 Sex and the Single Person

Daily Devotion: Sex and the Single Person - By Greg Laurie - www.harvest.org
 
God's will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin. -1 Thessalonians 4:3
 
Sex and the single person can be summed up in one word: no. Am I saying that a single person can't have sex? Exactly. More importantly, that is what God is saying. Sex is not bad; it has been created by God. But there is a proper place for it, and that place is not outside of the marriage relationship.
 
Someone might say, "Well, Greg, that is your interpretation, and I think it's very narrow. My God is loving and wants me to express myself. My God says it is okay for me to have sex with my boyfriend."
 
Actually, I don't dispute that. I would just say her God is not the same as the God of Bible. She has another god, and I guarantee that god won't save her. The God of the Bible very clearly says this about sex: "God's will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin" (1 Thessalonians 4:3 NLT). Hebrews 13:4 says, "Give honor to marriage, and remain faithful to one another in marriage. God will surely judge people who are immoral and those who commit adultery" (NLT). And Proverbs 5:15 says, "Drink water from your own well-share your love only with your wife" (NLT).
 
Outside of its proper context, sex can be extremely destructive spiritually and even physically. That's why there is no such thing as a so-called "one-night fling." People will say that it didn't mean anything. It means a lot. And the reason it means a lot is because when you enter into a sexual union with someone, you effectively become one flesh with them (see 1 Corinthians 6:15-16).
 
There is always a way out of temptation, and sometimes it's as simple as the door. Flee temptation and don't leave a forwarding address.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2

9-16-23 It Is Coming