11-15-17 Can You Handle the Truth?

There's been an explosion of channels on Youtube of people espousing the need to find and express the truth on a broad range of topics. There's an old saying that the truth will set you free. I'm not sure that's always correct. A lot of people can't handle the truth. Others would rather remain in ignorance bliss of not knowing. I made a conscious decision this year to seek the truth about myself and the life decisions that I had made up to this point. I thought that I was ready to face myself honestly and let the chips fall no matter the cost. I thought that I could work through the good, bad, and the ugly on my own under my own strength. I was wrong. I needed help emotionally and spiritually to work through the issues but I let pride and shame prevent me for asking for it. That was almost a fatal mistake as I sank into a dark bottomless pit that no one was able to pull me out of. Finally after I tried everything that I could to redeem and restore myself I realized that only God could save me from myself. It would require me to totally give my life, heart, and soul to him completely without any questions. That was really difficult for me to do as I had always been a control freak with my life. I always knew best and I had to be in control. The truth is sometimes ugly and messy. I made the right choice to be honest with myself and others. I have found peace and forgiveness as a result. I know that I have hurt loved ones during the process and I can only express my sorrow and humbly ask for their forgiveness. I wish others the best as they seek truth but beware the truth you find may not be the truth you want to find and accept. Peace.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-17-23 Now It Is Obvious Why

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-16-23 It Is Coming