10-11-17 Time Flies

It's almost the middle of October already. It seems like time has speeded up. Several months ago I wished for the days to hurry up and end so that I could seek the peace and quite of the night. Now there is hardly enough time every day to do what needs to be done. I found myself ordering Christmas presents for my family this week. It's not so much about buying something for someone but more about giving and sharing love and myself with those I love. I remember Christmas the first year that I moved out of my parents house. Roger and I had moved into an apartment together as roommates. We both worked at Frye Regional on the 3rd shift and we saw more of each other at work than we did at home. It was a depressing holiday. I didn't even go up and see mom and dad and I spent Christmas Day sleeping after drinking a whole bottle of cheap wine. I think that was my worst Christmas other than the year that Dad was rushed to the hospital on Christmas Eve and we spent Christmas Day at the VA hospital in Asheville. He was there until the end of January and passed away. You know that one day your parents will pass away but you just don't really think about it until it happens and then it too late to make up lost time or change anything. Mom and Dad never put up a Christmas tree that I can remember but I always had toys and clothes all wrapped up to open on Christmas morning. For several years Shirley and I would go to Midnight mass on Christmas Eve and open up presents at home afterwards. Those were happy times it didn't really matter where we were living at or in or whether the gifts were expensive or cheap. We were happy and content just having and being together as a family with our fur babies. As the years have gone by we both have lost something along the way and Christmas just hasn't been the same joyous season. I still put up a Christmas tree because of the light that it represents to me. Afterall that's really what Christmas is all about. The little baby that was born into the world that would become the hope and light of the world. Hopefully his light shines through each of us for the world to see. I think this year will be different. Both of us have a new perspective on life and an extended family to share and make new Christmas memories with. The gift of sharing your love and time with your loved ones is the greatest gift that you will ever give them. I wish that I had realized that many years ago while my parents were still here.  Peace to all. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-17-23 Now It Is Obvious Why

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-16-23 It Is Coming