9-18-17 Hate is not the answer

Another grade school teacher exposed as a pedophile abusing the same children that he was given to care for. This is a daily news headline nowadays. There are no simple or easy answers to the problem. Our first instinct is to express anger and hatred toward the perpetrator. For years I cursed and hated the pedophile that raped me as a youngster I wished that he was dead better yet that I could kill him with my own two hands. I internalized all of that hate and directed it towards myself. I became an alcoholic because of the pain and I blamed my parents for not protecting me. I cursed and hated God because he allowed it to happen to me. I destroyed other peoples lives with my interaction with them. All in the name of hatred.
No one is born into this world as a pedophile. Most abusers were abused themselves as children. The question is how do you break the insidious cycle? Sending people to counselling or to prison doesn't seem to help. It's a sickness of the soul. The only real solution is a change of the persons heart and soul through Jesus Christ. As Christians we are instructed to forgive and love the person. This doesn't mean that condone the sin in fact we are told to hate the sin but love the sinner. Our Heavenly Father has forgiven me for my sins and I have forgiven those that have harmed me and I have asked for forgiveness from those that I have harmed. Hate is never the answer. Vengeance is up to God not us. As hard as it is to do sometimes let us love one another as God loves us.

  

Matthew Chapter 18



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-17-23 Now It Is Obvious Why

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-16-23 It Is Coming