8-8-17 Three sisters

I grew up on Pine Ridge St. The next street down was Powell Dr. There was a new housing sub division built on the lower end of Powell Dr. This was back when I was in the 7th grade in school. A family moved into one of the new houses. There were three sisters in the household Ann the oldest, Trina who was my age, and Susan the youngest.Their Dad's nickname was Shorty and Gladyis was their mom. We would all become a part of each other life for a period of time. Mom sold Stanley products and would drag me along with her on her rounds. One day we stopped at our new neighbor's house and we became acquainted with each other. Trina was cute and friendly and I saw her a lot at school. One thing led to another and finally, I asked her out to a school dance. I went down to the house and Shorty drove us to the dance. Trina liked to have the attention of a lot of boys. After getting to the dance that was the last time I saw her until we got ready to leave. I first I was upset that she hadn't spent any time with me but I would learn that was Trina's personality which in time would earn her an incorrect and unfair reputation at school among her peers. Somehow Ann and I would start spending time together. I would go to their house and Ann would put some music on and we would sit on the couch and just talk for hours.She would tell me her dreams of who she wanted to be and where she wanted to go and what she wanted to do with her life. We became close friends and that Thanksgiving she invited me to go with their family to Grandmaws house in Vale for Thanksgiving dinner. I believe that was the best Thanksgiving of my life. The people were all nice and behaved like a real family should, the food was great, and I was falling in love with Ann. Her mom had cancer and that would be her last Thanksgiving.I remember seeing her at home lying in the hospital bed and she looked like she was in so much pain. I can't image how her daughters must have felt seeing their mom that way. Gladyis passed away and I stayed by Ann's side during that time. I didn't really know what to say to her but I held her hand and was a shoulder for her tears. That summer my family would go back to Bat Cave for vacation Ann went with us. We had a wonderful time sharing our friendship we would kiss and talk into the late hours of the morning and snuggle together in blissful sleep. That would be my last happy summer. The following year I would be raped and happiness would end. We kept seeing each other for awhile until the next school year. I drifted out of her life after that and wouldn't see her again until dad's funeral. We spoke but we didn't talk. She looked sad and distant I believe she got married and I don't know about children. I don't think her dreams came to pass but how many people can say that they are living their dreams. For me, my dreams turned to nightmares but I still remember the sweet days of innocence holding my sweetheart's hand and walking together talking and laughing with no cares of this world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 It's Coming

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2