8-8-17 Lost Love

This post is harder to write. The memories are still fresh even after all this time. I met Sherry while working at Valdese General Hospital. Her mom Rosie was a ward clerk on the floor where I was working. I was 16 years old at the time and still in high school. Rosie introduced me to her and it was love at first sight. Sherry had long red hair,freckles, and green eyes. She had two other sisters Angie,  and Regina. All three girls had been adopted by Herb and Rosie they had come from a broken home with the same biological mother and different biological fathers. The biological mother still maintained contact with them but I don't think the girls really wanted to have much contact with her.Sherry was the oldest at 14 and Angie and Regina were younger. I was going to an EMS convention in Orlando FL and Rosie asked if I would take Sherry along with me so she could visit Walt Disney World. What would any 16 year old boy say to such an offer? So the time came and Dad and Mom and myself and Sherry all headed to Orlando. Now I don't think Dad ever drove outside the state of NC so we all hopped on a Continental Trailways to Florida. It was a 12 hour ride but I didn't mind I was sitting beside of a beautiful young girl and puppy love had already struck me. I was happy to just sit there and watch her sleep. We arrived in Florida and checked into the hotel. It was a room with two double beds. So Mom and Dad shared one probably the first time in twenty five years. Sherry and I agreed to share the other one. Rosie trusted me with her daughter and I wasn't going to do anything to destroy that trust and I didn't. I think I went to one class at the convention and said the hell with it. Sherry and I spent the rest of the time at Disney World. After a couple of days together we felt the same towards each other and was from that point that  we were inseparable. We got back home and her home became my 2nd home. I didn't have a life at my home so I started spending all my free  time with her. She was mature for her age physically, emotionally, and in the ways of life. We were two unsupervised teens and we did what teens do normally. I was an emotionally broken alcoholic teen who was starved for affection and love. She was starved for the love and physical contact that she never received as a child. Together we were a disaster just waiting to happen. At the same time we communicated and completed each other on a level that I have never felt with anyone else. We were soulmates but the relationship was destined to fail. I loved to party too much and she didn't like me drinking. Herb and Rosie both drank so I was welcomed with open arms. Rosie also have Valiums and I was in high heaven. A mature girlfriend, alcohol, drugs, wow what else could you ask for. Sooner or later I was going to mess it up and I did. I went out partying with other girls at the hospital and thought that she was going to be ok with it.  All fairy tails  end and so did ours. We both were heartbroken but she had a support system with her family and I didn't. So I imploded and over dosed and ended up in ICU. My self destruction mode was in high gear and would only get worse. I would meet Karen next and we know how that story was to end. I still think about Sherry sometimes especially when I listen to Tiffany. I met Regina years later she was in the mental ward at Grace Hospital when mom was  and we talked. Sherry had married and had children many I bet. I wish her the best and hope that she found another soulmate. I will always remember her with fond memories. There would be thirteen more girls after Sherry. Betsy, Valarie, Glenda, Karen, Becky, Janice R, Pam, Janice B, Carline, Carolyn, Shea, Jean and one more. I will only write about her. She would be very special to me.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2

9-17-23 It's Coming