8-13-17 Alcohol

Let's forget death for a while and talk about one of my favorite subjects alcohol. Now I haven't taken a drink in twenty-six because I'm an alcoholic.I took my first drink at the age of fourteen. A friend of mine Robert dad's made muscadine wine by the fifty-gallon barrel. We would skip school and go to his house while his parents were at work and drink muscadine wine. And it was good really good and it felt warm going down and if you drank enough of it you felt really good. When I turned sixteen I started buying beer and at eighteen I was buying hard liquor mostly vodka, gin, and rum. I keep a bottle of wine in the frig for when temptation comes around I normally just take it out and look at it.Today I think I may just tempt fate and open it.What could possibly go wrong? There's a 50/50chance that I can drink one glass and stop.On the other hand, there's a 50/50 chance that I will drink the whole bottle. The question is how lucky do I feel? Is it worth blowing twenty-six years of sobriety? After the week I've had I say the hell with it go for it. I like to savor a good wine.I've got a red muscadine that's rose in color. it has a fruity fragrance and the taste is semi-sweet with just a little tartness. I can even taste the alcohol after all these years. Well, the cat is out of the bag so how are my self-will and restraint going to hold up. I'll let you know later maybe. Sorry AA it was good while it lasted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-17-23 Now It Is Obvious Why

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-16-23 It Is Coming