8-12-17 Party Buddies

It's strange where my mind goes sometimes when trying to find its happy place. Today it roamed until it found Betsy's file. I was in the hospital recuperating after the break up from Sherry. David who was an orderly there and who's house I would crash at sometimes when I was too drunk to drive brought Besty by one day to cheer me up. I had spoken to Betsy from time to time on my rounds but I figured she was out of my league.She was older and taller than me. She had long brown hair and brown eyes and was tan with long slender legs. She wore glasses and had that nerdy librarian look about her. She didn't seem to mind that I had issues. She lived in the nurse's apartments behind the hospital. She gave me her number and told me to call her when I got out. I did and we went to the Ramada Inn lounge to party.She drove a Mazda RX 7 and it had a straight stick. To me, there was something sexy about a girl that drove a straight stick.I was already high before we met and she drove us there. We arrived and she went off dancing with other guys.That was ok I was there to listen to loud music and do a lot of drinking.We left from there and went back to her place where I passed out but I remember her kissing me before I did. She got up the next morning early and went to work she told me to crash out for as long as I need too.I did and left late morning to go home and change clothes and make a run to the beer store to restock my cooler. That night we went back out but this time I wanted to remember our time together. We got back to her apartment she put some Fleetwood Mac on the stereo. I remember Christine McVie singing Warm Ways we were lying on the floor making out.We became pleasure playmates kinda like Bill and Monica.We never had an emotional relationship just party and pleasure. Her father ran the News Herold paper in Morganton and her brother was some kind of finance person. She took me to a party once and we met I don't think they cared for me too much.I didn't care Betsy was having an affair with a married guy but that didn't matter either. All good things come to an end and after I left working at the hospital I never saw her again. Thanks for the memories Betsy. I thank you and my brain does too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2

9-16-23 It Is Coming