7-31-17 Heritage

I went on a quest this year to explore my heritage. I thought that perhaps I had missed something or had misunderstood or remembered incorrectly. So I started digging and pulling old skeletons out of the closet. I couldn't understand why the rest of the family wasn't excited about my discoveries. I did find some fond memories of family members. And I learned some things about myself that answer some of my questions. For the most part what I found was even more disturbing than what I originally remembered. I had never realized how deep and broad the dysfunction really was. I kinda feel sorry for our family. Anyway, my quest is over the family tree is done and the family website is complete for history sake. My love affair with Valdese and its people is over. I understand my Waldensian heritage and why I never was connected to it. I should be sad but I'm not instead I just feel unconcerned and disinterested.  I still hope that the younger generations will explore their ancestry and find meaning and comfort. For me, I found what I needed to find and now it's time to put the genie back into the bottle close the top and throw the bottle back into the ocean of the past dimension.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2

9-17-23 It's Coming