7-27-17 Tricks of the Mind

Last night was a restless night but sleep finally came. It's funny what the mind thinks of when looking at death. I had taken Gismo to the vet earlier in the week and the labs were bad. He had almost zero white or red blood cells left. He was dying and we both knew it. I didn't have the heart to tell Shirley other than he was really sick.Friday came and I had to go to the Raleigh TSA office for some stupid meeting. I don't even remember why now that's how important it was. We went to lunch and all I could think about while sitting there trying to choke down some food was Gismo sitting at home not being able to eat. I prayed that he wouldn't die before I got back to Greensboro. Sunday afternoon he passed away in the arms of two people who loved him dearly. I have a doctor appointment shortly and while I usually look forward to going not today. It's going to be a painful hour as I say goodbye to another friend.I once had an older gentleman tell me that the worst thing about growing old was watching all of your friends die and leave you.I think he may have something there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 It's Coming

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2