7-25-17 The Human Spirit

Today has been a nice day after a bumpy start this morning. Today's thought is actually a positive one reflecting the human spirit we all possess. My wife's step-sister passed away over the week-end, She battled meta static breast cancer for years. She never gave in or gave up.If a new experimental treatment would open she would try it. She manged to continue working for the most part battled personal dilemmas  and took care of the grandchildren that she adopted. I never knew her very well but I admire and celebrate her courage, strength,and determination in the face of insurmountable  odds.She may have lost the war in the end but she won a hell of a lot of the battles and in the end that's really what matters.
My work partner under went surgery at CMC yesterday. They gave him a five percent chance of survival. He made it. He's older than I with serious medical problems but a fighter also. It kinda gives one a different perspective on living and life which is so precious. I complain a lot about the battle I have with myself But these two people are true warriors and exemplify the spirit  that we all have if we just use it.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-17-23 Christians Using Science Badly: Part 2

9-16-23 It Is Coming