7-21-17 To Lie or Not to Lie

We all lie to ourselves and I'm a pro at it. In 2012 when I thought I was going insane the first psychiatrist I saw diagnosed me at being Bipolar II. I didn't like the diagnosis. Bipolar people are crazy I didn't want to be a crazy person. So I went to a different doctor to get a different diagnosis and I got it. But the truth is I am Bipolar II and while I'm strange as hell I'm not crazy. Bipolar is simply a mood disorder where you cycle between high and low moods. For me it's a cycle between agitation and depression. Most of the time it is more depression than agitation. Yes it is genetic. There is no cure but it is treatable with mood stabilizers and anti depressants when needed. Psychotherapy helps with controlling or preventing issues that aggravate the condition. I'm not proud of having the disorder but I'm no longer ashamed of it either.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-17-23 Now It Is Obvious Why

9-16-23 Little-Known Prophecies of Christmas, Pt 3: Genesis 17:19

9-16-23 It Is Coming